Age Requirement Pre-K children must turn 4 by August 31st to be eligible. Kindergarten children must turn 5 by midnight September 1st in order to register for kindergarten for the current school year.
For K – 5th grades, CCCS follows the Lottery Process outlined on this page. For Pre-K, spots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Fill out a Lottery Form for your child for a future Pre-K class as soon as possible. We will assign a Pre-K class based on your child's birth date.
To enter your child in the Coral Community Charter School lottery in ANY grade level, please click the “Lottery Form” button to the left and fill in the requested information. Intent to Return Your student's "Intent to Return" form will be sent home in the early spring of the school year. By completing and returning it, you ensure that your child is enrolled for the following school year.
Lottery Process 1. Coral Community Charter will not discriminate against any student on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, ancestry, or disability per 34 CFR 106.34(b).
2. Families will be asked to provide their student’s name and grade level and a parent/guardian’s name and phone number in order to be considered for enrollment.
3. If, on the annual lottery date, the number of students applying does not exceed the number of spaces available, students will be admitted on a first come first serve basis until enrollment is full.
4. If the number of students applying exceeds the number of spaces available on the annual lottery date during the third week of February, a lottery will be held pursuant to 22-8B-4.1 NMSA, 1978. An individual who is not affiliated with the school will choose student’s names randomly.
5. When a classroom enrollment list reaches maximum capacity names selected will be placed on a waiting list until a space becomes available.
6. Throughout the year, the lottery process will be initiated immediately when a vacancy is created due to student withdrawal.
7. Returning students and siblings will be given first preference.
8. Families that are selected will be notified by e-mail and phone and given twenty-four hours to confirm. If they do not respond within the twenty-four hours the slot will be given to the next family whose name is drawn.
9. Students must have up to date immunization records in order to be registered per NM law.