What is the Role and Duties of the
General Responsibilities of Governance Council:
The Governance Council members are responsible for ensuring that the academic program of CCCS is successful, that the school’s program and operation are faithful to the terms of its charter, and that the school is a viable organization. The purpose of the Governance Council is to set the general direction and policy of the school, not manage it on a daily basis.
Specific Duties of Governance Council:
- Implement the vision and mission statements as well as the school’s philosophy and objectives. The philosophy should be read on a regular basis and taken into consideration wherever possible changes of policy are under discussion.
- Establish and approve policies for operation of Coral Community Charter, ensuring that the provisions of the By-laws and contracts with the charter authorizer are being followed.
- Establish fiscal policy and boundaries, with budgets and financial controls for the school.
- Select a new Head Administrator when needed.
- Establish and approve policies under which the Head Administrator will manage the school.
- Establish necessary working committees and being sure that all members are actively involved in appropriate committee assignments.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of the school, taking into consideration CCC’s stated philosophy and goals.
- Conduct a written evaluation of the performance of the Head Administrator and establishing goals for the following year.
- Conduct a written annual self-evaluation, including consideration of whether the board and its committees are independently knowledgeable concerning school matters or are relying too heavily upon the Head Administrator and other staff for guidance.
- Keep full and accurate minutes of its meetings and those of its committees.
- Maintain a record book so that governing decisions made over a period of years may be readily available to subsequent leadership and administrators.
- Serve on one board committee and/or one board position.
- Obtain 5 hours per academic year of state mandated governance council training
Held the last Tuesday of each month, from 5:30 to 7:00pm.
Coral Community Charter School
4401 Silver Ave SE
Albuquerque, NM 87108
Budget & Finance Committee
One hour before every Governance Council meeting:
4:30 - 5:30 pm
If you are an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, please contact the Governance Council Chair or Secretary of Coral Community Charter School (see email address' above) at least one (1) week prior to the meeting or as soon as possible. Public documents, including the agenda and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats. Please contact the GC Chair or Secretary if a summary or other type of accessible format is needed.
Keren Fenderson/GC Chair - email@example.com
Freeman Leaming/GC Vice Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Reeves/Treasurer - MReeves@atkinsoncpa.com
Krista Martinez/Secretary - email@example.com
Tania Triolo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Sarracino - email@example.com
Patrick Correa - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Merchant – email@example.com
Fawn Turner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynette Martinez - email@example.com
Governance Council Members